Well, folks, that time of year is here. Time to reflect on the good in our lives and what we are thankful for. Ironically, this time of year comes directly before we start looking for everything we want that we don’t have, but whatever. I feel like the list of things I am thankful for could never possibly be comprehensive enough to describe how full and rich my life is; however, I am going to list only a few of the hundreds of thousands of things I am so grateful for in my everyday life.
- Colorado. Without Colorado, I would have never learned how to love my independence and my ability to create a life separate from the one in which I grew up. Not to mention that the mountains rock and it’s the coolest place in the world.
- My sisters, Kourtney and Katie. I am lucky to know that, now that I live apart from them, we are able to have a friendship out of choice rather than just because we are related. They are the most amazing people, and I’m lucky that they are my friends as well as my sisters.
- The Green Bay Packers. Duh.
- My health. Some of you may know that I had a bit of a health scare a couple months ago, and luckily, I am fine. My health allows me not only to continue living this awesome life of mine, but to be able to run, play, laugh, breathe, and move forward while being acutely aware that it may not always be that way.
- My education and, subsequently, my job. I have been extremely privileged in that I have gone to some amazing schools and been able to pursue higher education at my will. Therefore, I have been able to have a job that encourages me to learn and grow everyday!
- My parents. Somehow, I was lucky enough to score two of the most understanding, hilarious, passionate, and well-rounded parents on the planet. I will never be able to adequately express how fortunate I am for having them.
- Reminders of my losses. Though loss is one of the worst parts of life, each loss serves as an experience from which I can grow; furthermore, each loss makes me more grateful for what I have here, and reminds me to hold everything I do have near and dear.
- My extended family. Supportive doesn’t even begin to describe them, and I am lucky that I am able to maintain relationships with them over phone, text, email, Facebook, etc.
- Lastly, my ridiculous group of friends. Whether they be coworkers, part of a sports team, people to go out and drink with, school friends, someone to have deep talks with, bitch about life over ice cream, or whatever, I have the most incredible group of friends on the planet. There has never been a shortage of laughter in my life, and in no small part is that due to my friends.
Again, this list doesn’t even begin to cover all the things I am grateful for in my life. Just knowing that I have an endless lists of thanks in my head is good enough for me.
I hope everyone reading this has a great holiday, safe travels, lots of food, lots of wine, and most importantly, plenty of things to be thankful for this year 🙂